Thursday, May 5, 2016

Module 3 Week 2

Module 3, Week 2
It has become obvious to me throughout my progression of the course that my venture needs a business team. With this blog post, I’ve decided to look at who I currently have in my business team. In addition, I will discuss who else I would like to add to my team to make it a “perfect” team.
For this podcast venture, I will need a three or four partners.  Specifically, the partners I pick will need to share my vision and determination of promoting small “independent” comic books as well as writers of fiction who are looking for a different way of getting their work out into the world through an oral format. The three partners that I have already chosen fit the criteria nicely.
My Partners:
Scott and April: Owners of “A Hero’s Legacy”: Without the “Independent Rack” section of their store, I would not be able to have easy access to the kinds of comics I want to discuss on the podcast. In addition, to sharing my vision and determination of introducing readers to books not published by DC or Marvel, they inspire me to broaden my horizons as a comic book reader in regards to the kinds of stories I read, the characters and fictional worlds they interact in.
Stacey: Much like Scott and April, Stacey’s creative writing skills and the story she has produced through those skills has inspired me to broaden my horizons as a reader of fiction in general through the story she has written. Plus, her confidence in her skills as a writer to put her story in a public forum where people can listen to it and critique it; (like my podcast) provides another source of inspiration for me to take my thoughts about the comics I am reading and share them with my listeners as opposed to keeping them to myself or sharing only with close friends.
If I had my way and could make a “perfect” team, one other person I’d bring into the fold is Aubrey Sitterson. His sword and sorcery serial I listen to called “Skald” was the main inspiration for why I decided to have this podcast focus on oral storytelling in addition to comic books. Speaking of comic books, Aubrey is a published comic book writer. His most recent work for IDW publishing; “Street Fighter Vs G.I. Joe” is a series I read regularly and enjoy very much. His knowledge of working in the comic industry would make a great interview topic for a future episode of my podcast if I could get him on. It would help listeners who are creative writers with getting advice about crafting characters/worlds, how to keep the story arc flowing smoothly, ways of getting their work more visibility and published.

http://skald.podomatic.com/ (This link takes you to the “Skald” podcast I mentioned. Here, listeners can jump right into the latest installment, or go back and listen to previous episodes. It will hopefully give my fellow classmates some things to comment on as to what to do, and what not to do in trying to make an enjoyable audio experience that they would listen to weekly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment