Thursday, April 7, 2016

Module 2, Week 4; Part 2

With this final blog post for Module 2, I decided to look at who I have in my “team of experts.”
Scott and April: Owners of “A Hero’s Legacy”: Without there store (Specifically, the “Independent Rack”) I would not be able to have easy access to the kinds of comics I want to discuss on the podcast. I would have fallen into the same pitfall that most comic book podcasts fall into which is discussing only DC and Marvel Comics since those are the “Big Two” in the comic industry. In terms of relating this to my Business Model Canvas; Scott, April and the store itself help me fill in the “Key Resources”, “Key Partners” and “Channels” blocks in the canvas. That’s one-third of my entire business model being connected to them, so it is critical to the success of my podcast that they stay within this team.
Stacey: Much like Scott and April, Stacey is a close friend of mine who helps me fill in the “Key Resources”, and “Key Partners” blocks of my Business Model Canvas. Her creative writing skills and the story she has produced through those skills provides content for me to use on the podcast. In return for allowing me to use her story as a source of content on my podcast, I am helping a friend solve a problem of getting their work out to a larger audience. My podcast will be a platform to get constructive criticism for the story that will help make it better, which in turn help improve the quality of the content in my podcast.
I will set aside time this week and revise my “startup schedule” yet again, with the goal of looking for at two other people to bring into my “team of experts.” The first person I will be looking for is someone who has written their own story and would be comfortable with having it read out loud on my podcast. The second person I will look for is some who has experience working with the technology involved in creating this podcast. From microphones to headsets to editing software. The goal of having in person with this technical know-how in the team is to help navigate technical problems I encounter. In addition, this person will a source for recommendations of any specific brands/product that will help improve the sound-quality of the podcast and the efficiency in producing it.
    


No comments:

Post a Comment