Sunday, February 14, 2016

Module 1, Week 3

Of the ideas that I have discussed in my previous blog posts, the content area I want to venture into is podcasts. This podcast will likely be about comic books and/or serialized fantasy storytelling. When discussing comic books on the podcast, my friends and I will be discussing things such as comic books we’ve read in the past, what comics are we currently reading, recommendations we have for listeners who want to start reading comics, what we enjoy and dislike about the comics we are reading and what we the readers think can be done to improve the story etc. With regards to the serialized fantasy storytelling direction I could take this podcast in, I have recently spoken to one of my friend Stacey who has written pieces of fan-fiction and I told her my idea for a serialized fantasy podcast with the idea of having her on the show to read her story out loud, or, if she is comfortable with me reading it out loud I can do that as well. The intent of having her stories as well as the stories of anyone who would like to be featured on the podcast is for two purposes. The first one is to obviously fill the podcast with content, but to also help a friend or help someone else get his/her story telling abilities more attention and some constructive criticism on how to take his/her story telling abilities further (and to possibly feature those stories on the show to improve the quality of the content on the podcast) Other research I will need to do is conduct a survey (or multiple surveys) asking other people in this class as well people outside of class what genres of stories they would like to hear featured on the podcast. Also, if any other students are comic book readers themselves, what comics would like my friends and I to discuss on the podcast. Other research I will need to do is with regards to the equipment needed to do a podcast. I can message my Facebook friends that have their own podcast and message people I follow on Twitter who have a podcast asking them about what equipment they use. Do they have a certain brand they prefer for their equipment? How much does it cost? How often should I be producing new content for the podcast?

No comments:

Post a Comment