Saturday, February 6, 2016

Module 1 Week 1

Module 1 Week 1


With this blog post I want to make a list of all the possible things I could do for the final project in this class. With each idea that I list, I will try to explain in a few sentences what this idea can hopefully progress into.

1. Train and mentor young and aspiring artists.

Since one of the things I love to do outside of school is draw, I figure I could teach people how to do draw. (Or, reach out to my old high school art teachers.) This would feature free accounts with limited features, then charge for upgrades such as access to more the more advance drawing videos. Another option would be to have my younger brother and his band help train and mentor people on how to play instruments (guitar, drums, piano etc.)

2.  Offer web design/Affiliate Marketing

Nearly every company is now looking to build a website. I can learn the basics of coding on “CodeAcademy” and do specific online web design courses to build up your skill set. From there, I can sign up to freelance sites such as “People Per Hour” and start building up my portfolio! I’m already begging to think of offering web designs for my local comic book shop: “A Hero’s Legacy” and my younger brother’s band: “Willie and the Poor Boys”

3. Social media consultant

Help another company run their Facebook and Twitter accounts, (Instagram if they have one too.) As a consultant, I can help them determine the best tactics, posting schedules and content for their target audience. As their follower count grows, so will my business.

4. Online Flea Market

People love to spend weekends rummaging through tables full of other people's unwanted items, looking for treasures. So, why not take that on-line and have people do it from the comforts of home? The challenge here is constantly changing my layouts and putting new stuff out for sale. I want people to come back time and again to see what's new.

5. Podcast



People have told me I have a voice for radio/broadcasting. Plus, there are podcasts for EVERYTHING today. So, why not get in the podcast game? As far as the topic? I think I will leave that up to people who see and comment on this post. What do you, my fellow classmates, think would be a good idea for a podcast?

No comments:

Post a Comment