Sunday, February 21, 2016

Module 1- Week 4 Blog Post #2

Module 1- Week 4 Blog Post #2


 For this blog post I wanted to write about one of the reflection exercises. From page 120 of “InsightOut” In this case, I was supposed to see how long I could focus on a project without interrupting myself. The project I chose for this reflection was this drawing of Cyborg from DC Comics I did this past week. In each of the stages involved with making this drawing (rough sketches, penciling, inking, and coloring) I was able to focus on each stage of this drawing for about two to three hours per day without interrupting myself. I can attribute that to an ability to shut out the rest of the world for a time (turn of my phone, turn off my computer, close my bedroom door, sit at my drawing table and go) and just focus on this drawing. The reason as to why I think I find it easy to shut out the world for a while is due to something I mentioned in the first creativity assignment which is that I am very reclusive and I like to keep to myself. Something that I will improve on by the end of this course is to have a better balance between my reclusive tendencies (to focus on drawings, reading comics, listening to music or to just relax, sit and do nothing) and being more open to more face to face interactions with other people.

1 comment:

  1. How do you take your reclusive tendencies and make outcomes that are net positive beyond your own enjoyment, i.e. can you make your drawings etc a business.
    Although, John Lennon said, "time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."

    ReplyDelete